Learn to remove saved passwords from your Mac
In this article, we'll go over how to delete saved passwords on Mac. Your Mac's saved passwords are stored and accessed in the browser(s) you use — we'll show you how to manually clear your saved passwords in the browsers listed below.
But before we start, there is an easier solution when it comes to deleting saved passwords on macOS, and that's by cleaning them up with a Mac utility called CleanMyMac X. With this app, you can remove all your saved passwords in all your browsers with just a few clicks. To delete the saved passwords on your Mac with CleanMyMac X, just:
- Download CleanMyMac X.
- Select Privacy in the left menu.
- Checkmark the Saved Passwords box in each browser section.
- And click Remove.
And that's it — that's all you need to do to remove all your saved passwords in all your browsers.
Now, if you still want to learn how to delete saved passwords on your Mac manually, find the section below that corresponds to the browser you use.
How to clear saved passwords in Chrome
If you use Chrome to clear saved passwords, just:
- Launch the Chrome browser.
- Select History in the menu bar.
- Click “Show Full History.”
- Click “Clear browsing data…”
- In the Advanced tab, select “All time”
- Check the “Passwords and other sign-in data” box.
- Click “Clear data.”
How to delete saved passwords in Firefox
If you use Firefox to delete saved passwords, just:
- Launch the Firefox browser.
- Select History in the menu bar at the top of your screen.
- Click “Clear Recent History…”
- Choose the time range (“Everything”).
- Make sure the box named “Active Logins” is checked.
- Click “OK.”
How to remove saved passwords in Safari
If you use Safari, to remove saved passwords, just:
- Launch the Safari browser.
- Press Command-Comma to open Safari Preferences.
- Go to the Passwords tab.
- Select the password you want to remove and click the "—" sign.
- Repeat with all other passwords you want to delete.
As you can see, deleting saved passwords on your Mac isn't too tricky, but it can be a pain if you use multiple browsers. Keeping each of them clean, individually, can take some time. But with CleanMyMac X, removing saved passwords on your Mac is incredibly simple. Plus, it does way more than just clear saved passwords. It helps you clean up gigabytes of junk from your Mac.
We hope this article has helped you with deleting saved passwords on your Mac.