How to remove nbryb.com pop-ups from your Mac
There are few things worse than being inundated with pop-up windows every time you want to browse the internet. But that's nothing compared to what some websites have been able to figure out.
Today, there are malicious websites, like nbryb.com, that are exploiting your browser's notifications feature. They try to trick you into allowing the notifications; that way, the website is allowed to bombard you with messages daily.
nbryb.com pop-up notifications
|macOS redirect browser hijacker, adware
|Also known as
"Allow Website Notifications" virus
|Displays browser notifications, pop-ups
Browser pop-up notifications
Remove nbryb.com manually following the instructions below, or use CleanMyMac X for quick removal.
What is Nbryb.com?
The website nbryb.com acts as a type of content farm. It publishes articles on a wide variety of topics with the sole goal of getting people to click on them. Their hope is to get you to visit their website so they can trick you into allowing notifications in your browser.
How did the Nbryb adware get on my Mac?
When you visit nbryb.com or read an article on this website, you may see a pop-up asking if you would like to receive notifications from Nbryb. The website promises to keep users up to date with new content. Instead, it pushes links and advertises other malicious software and websites.
How to get rid of nbryb.com
Fortunately, removing the nbryb.com adware is fairly straightforward. You can go through your browsers and delete the adware manually. Or you can use CleanMyMac X to help control your browser's permissions.
Manual removal of Nbryb
To manually get rid of the nbryb.com adware on your computer, you'll need to delete it from each browser you use. Below are instructions for the three most popular browsers.
- Type chrome://settings in the search box and press Return.
- Then, go to Privacy and security > Site Settings > Notifications.
- Find nbryb.com in the list and click Remove. You can also click Don't allow sites to send notifications, but it will affect all websites, even the trustworthy ones.
- Click Safari in the top-left corner.
- Select Settings > Websites > Notifications.
- Find nbryb.com in the list and select it.
- Then, click the Remove button. While there, do the same for other websites you don't want to remove notifications from.
- Click the three horizontal lines.
- Then, click Settings > Privacy & Security.
- Scroll down to Permission and click the Settings… button next to Notifications.
- Find nbryb.com, select Block from the drop-down menu, and click Save Changes.
Regardless of which browser you're using, you should restart each of them to ensure the nbryb notifications have been completely removed.
Get rid of nbyrb.com pop-ups with CleanMyMac X
If you're worried about lingering files even after you manually get rid of the Nbryb adware, it's a smart idea to scan your computer with CleanMyMac X.
The good news is you can download it from here and try it out for free! Just follow these steps to remove the nbryb.com notifications using CleanMyMac X:
- Open the CleanMyMac X app.
- In the sidebar, make sure you're in the Smart Scan tab and click Scan.
Smart Scan also scans your Mac for malware: if it finds any threats, just click Run to remove them and clean up your Mac.
While the notifications from nbryb.com might be more of an annoyance at first, the ads and messages they're sending could actually be more malicious in nature. You should always be careful what websites you're allowing notifications from. They should be trusted and reputable sources as opposed to these more random platforms.
Please note that the article is provided “as is” for informational purposes only. We do not make any warranties regarding the manual removal of the virus. You have to understand that as a user, you are fully responsible for changing your Mac’s configuration.