A problem for most Mac users is the question, "How can I remove widgets on Mac?" Well, not to worry — deleting widgets on a Mac isn't such a problem. All you need is a little bit of time, or just the right tools. So in this article, we'll go over how to remove widgets on Mac OS two ways: one way is with a Mac utility, and the other is removing Mac widgets manually.
How to Delete Widgets on Mac Manually
To remove widgets on Mac manually:
- Hover on the Dock at the bottom of your screen, and click Applications.
- Select Dashboard.
- Click the "+" Icon in the lower-left corner of the screen.
- Click-and-hold on the widget you'd like to remove.
- Click the circle with the "x" at the top-left of the widget icon.
- Confirm deletion by clicking "Delete."
Note: After deleting the widget (or widgets), click the background of the of the widget list screen to move back to the Dashboard; then, click the arrow icon in the lower-right corner of the Dashboard to to exit it.
These might also interest you
- How to restore your Mac to factory settings
- How to identify and report phishing to Apple
- How to repair disk permissions on Mac