CleanMyMac X is a paid application that requires either a license or subscription to unlock all its features. However, you can try CleanMyMac X for free before making a purchase at our store. The application has a trial mode with a range of limitations, but its free features are still helpful.
That's what you can do in a trial mode of CleanMyMac X:
- Run as many scans as you want;
- Remove up to 500 MB of junk* automatically, using the Run button;
- Start Speed improvements up to 2 times.
Cleanup modules: Use the Clean button to remove up to 500 MB* of unneeded items automatically, across all modules. Scan and remove files manually without limitations. The Photo Junk and iTunes Junk modules are not available.
- Malware Removal: Scan for malware as many times as you want.
- Privacy: Remove any number of Privacy items but only once. Cleanup of cookies isn’t available. Scan without limitations.
- Optimization: Remove any number of Optimization items but only 2 times. Disable, enable, and relaunch items without limitations.
- Maintenance: Run any task but only once.
- Uninstaller: Remove 1 application completely or reset it to the initial state.
- Updater: Update up to 2 applications.
- Extensions: All functionality is absolutely free.
- Space Lens: Remove up to 1 GB of data. Explore without limitations.
- Large & Old Files: Remove no more than 500 MB* of data. Scan without limitations.
- Shredder: Erase any number of files in a secure or regular way.
CleanMyMac X Menu:
- Remove up to 500 MB* of junk from the Trash folder;
- Free up RAM once;
- Review system statuses, get important alerts, and run the speed test any number of times.
*The trial mode of CleanMyMac X has a shared 500 MB limit across all modules, except Space Lens. In other words, if you reach the trial limit in one module, cleanup in other modules becomes disabled.
By the way, if you’re a Setapp user, you can find CleanMyMac X among your apps and start using it immediately.
Manual removal. In some modules, you can delete junk files manually, regardless of trial limitations. Here's how to do that:
- Start scanning with any of these Cleanup modules:
- System Junk
- Mail Attachments
- Trash Bins
- Once the scan is complete, click Review Details.
- Click Remove Manually in the lower-right corner, then remove files on the list, one by one.
You can also choose to remove files manually on some windows that offer a paid subscription during your trial.