CleanMyMac X is available on several marketplaces, including the MacPaw Store, App Store, and Setapp. You can choose any of them but please pay attention that the functionality of CleanMyMac X is slightly different at the App Store. The detailed information about the differences in versions of CleanMyMac X is available here.
Below we’ve described your actions on installing and activating CleanMyMac X depending on your preferred marketplace.
Installing CleanMyMac is as easy as installing any other app for macOS:
- Download CleanMyMac X.
- Double-click on the downloaded CleanMyMac.dmg file and drag the CleanMyMac X icon to your Applications folder.
Done! Now, if you want to access all functionality of CleanMyMac X, you need to activate it:
- Open CleanMyMac X.
- Click the Unlock Full Version button in the lower-left corner of the window and then click the Activate Now button (if you don’t own CleanMyMac, click Buy Plan).
- Do either of these actions and then click Next:
- Sign in with your MacPaw account credentials, or
- Enter your activation number.
If you entered the data correctly, CleanMyMac unlocks its functionality.
Nothing special here: just open the App Store and find CleanMyMac X. Then, click Get and Open. That’s it, the application is on your Mac.
To activate CleanMyMac, open it and then click Unlock Full Version in the lower-left corner of the window. Then, follow the instructions on the screen to purchase a full version of CleanMyMac X.
Actually, if you have Setapp, you have CleanMyMac X! Yes, you own it, and all you need to do is find CleanMyMac in the Setapp catalog on your Mac. Then, go through a usual routine: Install > Open.
Good, now it's time to open your CleanMyMac X and start the first scan.