The App Store version of CleanMyMac X slightly differs from the versions you’ll find on other marketplaces. This means some features described below may be not available from the App Store due to its guidelines. Read more about different versions of CleanMyMac X.
CleanMyMac gives you a handful of digital protection features and extends the malware database continuously. Still, new threats appear every day and require additional safety measures. For this purpose, we implemented detection of potentially infected files and created AntiMalware Support Tool.
AntiMalware Support Tool
The Support Tool is a simple app that collects technical data from a Mac and puts it into a single archive that you can further send to our investigators. CleanMyMac support engineers share this tool with users who spotted some malware symptoms on their Macs.
No worries, AntiMalware Support Tool works with data related only to processes and configurations of the system and apps, in particular:
- Launch agents and daemons
- Login items
- System preferences
- System configuration profiles
- Chrome/Safari extension list
- Chrome/Safari preferences
- Executables in user directories
- Processes list.
By the way, you can always review the contents of the archive by yourself and make sure there’s nothing private inside.
Dealing with “non-removable” malware
Now, if CleanMyMac won’t help, that’s what you need to do to score off the unwanted -ware:
1. Contact CleanMyMac’s support engineers to get the Support Tool.
Please help us process your request faster: add a short description of the problem and specify a version of your macOS and related app (if any).
2. Open MalwareSupportTool.app.zip received from CleanMyMac’s Support Team.
3. After extracting the contents of the archive, run SupportTool.app.
When asked to confirm your intention, click Open.
4. Now, select the “Include System configuration profiles information” checkbox.
It is required to scan your system thoroughly and check if your macOS preferences are intact.
5. Click “Save the report to Desktop” to start the export of troubleshooting data. You may need to take a little patience because sometimes the process lasts a couple of minutes.
6. If asked, please enter your system credentials and click OK.
After the export is over, a ZIP archive named after your macOS user appears on the desktop.
7. Now, please attach the archive generated by the Support Tool to the email and send it to CleanMyMac’s support engineers.
That’s all, the researchers will study your logs and shape up the Malware Database. Also, we’ll reach you when the solution is found.
Thanks for cooperation!