The Malware Removal module performs the finest search for unwanted “-ware” on your Mac and is CleanMyMac’s foremost weapon against viruses, miners, loggers, and many other dangers. Its database of malware is updated regularly and no less than once a week.
Find and remove malicious files
- Scan: Open CleanMyMac and navigate to the Malware Removal module and click Scan.
- Review summary: Look through a brief list of harmful items.
- Start quick cleanup: Hit Clean at the bottom of the window.
Or, switch to the detailed results and check the full list of found threats.
- Start the cleanup: Click Remove.
Increase your protection level
The Malware Removal module does its job, but you can add a lot to your computer’s safety with the following features:
- Real-time monitoring: Resides in the Protection instrument of CleanMyMac Menu, watches all new installations, and warns you if there’s something suspicious.
- Background scanning: A swift anti-malware routine that goes through your Mac’s system and makes sure no malicious item is missed. Runs automatically even if CleanMyMac X Menu is disabled.
Run the Malware Removal module weekly, even if you enabled the real-time monitor and background scans. All together they make up the complete and reliable anti-malware solution.