Gemini 2 has multiple configuration options that can make your experience with this app even better. To customize Gemini 2 to your needs, change its default preferences.
How to find Gemini 2 preferences
If you use Duplicates Monitor, open it, click on the gear icon in the lower-left corner and choose Preferences. Or, do the following:
- Open Gemini 2.
- Click on the Gemini 2 app menu in the upper-left corner of the display.
- Choose Preferences.
Gemini 2 Preferences includes the following tabs:
- General tab, where you choose a minimum size of a file to be analyzed during the scanning, set periodicity of cleanup reminders, and modify other scan and notification options.
- Ignore List tab, which contains a list of files, folders, and extensions that must not be displayed in the scan results.
- Smart Selection tab, which contains rules improving automatic selection algorithms (both added automatically and manually).
- Removal tab, where you set the final destination of items to be removed or prefer to replace duplicates with hard links.
- Updates tab, where you configure update-related notifications and may decide to become a Gemini beta tester.
- Duplicates Monitor tab, where you can add more locations for monitoring newly created copies as well as disable Duplicates Monitor or its notifications.