Gemini 2 is an intelligent duplicate finder that frees your Mac from identical files of various kinds. The app has the Smart Selection feature that lets you remove duplicates instantly or after review. Gemini also puts together all items that look
and sound alike but are slightly different.
To install and activate Gemini 2, just follow these simple steps.
- Go to the MacPaw website and download the latest version of the app.
- After the installation, open Gemini 2 and activate it.
Click Unlock Full Version in the upper right corner and do either of the following:
- Sign in with your MacPaw account credentials, or
- Enter an activation key from an order confirmation email (you don’t receive a key if you have a MacPaw account).
Alternatively, you can try Gemini 2 for free. The trial version finds all duplicated photos and videos so you can find out how much space Gemini can free. You can remove them manually in Finder. To remove your duplicates automatically you’ll have to purchase Smart Cleanup.
Mac App Store
This one’s easy:
- Open the App Store and find Gemini.
- Then, click Get and Open.
- That’s it; the application is on your Mac.
To activate Gemini 2, open it and click Unlock Full Version in the window’s upper-right corner. Then, follow the instructions on the screen to purchase a full version of Gemini 2. Or, you can restore your purchase if you already have Gemini 2 on your Apple ID. This option can be located in the upper right corner on the starting screen at first launch or when pressing “Unlock Full version”.
The good news is if you have Setapp, you already have Gemini 2!
All you need to do is:
- Find Gemini 2 in the Setapp catalog on your Mac.
- Then, go through a usual routine: Install > Open.
Done. Now you can start your first scan. Lucky you!