Gemini 2 is an intelligent duplicate finder that frees your Mac from identical files of various kinds. The app has the Smart Selection feature that lets you remove duplicates instantly or after review. Gemini also puts together all items that look and sound alike but are slightly different.
To get started with Gemini 2, just follow these simple steps:
- Go to the MacPaw website and download the latest version of the app.
- Double-click the newly downloaded Gemini2.dmg and drag it to the Applications folder.
- After the installation, open Gemini 2 and activate it.
Click Unlock Full Version in the upper right corner and do either of the following:
- Sign in with your MacPaw account credentials, or
- Enter an activation key from an order confirmation email (you don’t receive a key if you have a MacPaw account).
- Now, click (+) to add locations you'd like to scan through or simply drag and drop some folders.
To find all duplicates on your Mac, choose the Home folder but please note that scanning may take a while in this case.
- Click Scan for Duplicates.
When the scanning is completed, you can either use the Smart Cleanup feature or review found duplicates and manually select those you'd like to get rid of. And, when you finish cleaning the clutter, keep Duplicates Monitor running: it’ll inform you about newly created copies and won’t let them get piled.