We officially introduce the new CleanMyMac 2!
As we promised, it is a free update for every CleanMyMac user, and you can launch your app and update it right now!
So initially we had a pile of new cleaning modules and features we wanted to add to CleanMyMac. However, that was impossible to do without redesigning the product and every its detail from scratch. Eventually, we came up with the totally new CleanMyMac 2. It is not just a more effective, intuitive or easy to use Mac cleaner , it’s a brand-new cleaning and file organizing solution that inherited only the best lines of code from the CleanMyMac Classic.
Basically, CleanMyMac 2 includes 8 cleaning modules to help you find and clean every single file you don’t need anymore:
- Automatic Cleanup — an intelligent algorithm that suggests to remove files which are 100% safe for deletion.
- System Cleanup — remove caches, logs, and archives, and free up system resources for a better performing Mac.
- Large & Old Files — review and remove large files and folders that haven’t been opened for a while.
- iPhoto Cleanup — reduce the size of iPhoto Library significantly by eliminating unneeded original copies of previously edited images.
- Trash Cleanup — empty Trash folders of Mac’s internal and external volumes, including iPhoto Trash.
- Uninstaller — completely uninstall the apps that are no longer needed or fix the ones that work incorrectly.
- Extensions Manager — review and manage all app extensions from one dashboard.
- Eraser — erase files from your system and leave no trace behind.
However, to take advantage of the latest OS X technologies, CleanMyMac 2 works only on Lion and Mountain Lion. For older versions of OS X we recommend CleanMyMac Classic, which is still the most effective solution for legacy Macs.
So if you don’t have CleanMyMac 2 yet, now is the best time to get it, considering the fact that we’re offering it with 50% launch discount till Friday!
P.S.: along with the release of CleanMyMac 2 we relaunched our site. Check it out!