Go on with this article only if you got your CleanMyMac X from the MacPaw Store.
Both a regular CleanMyMac license and a yearly subscription can be used on one computer only. So if you want to run the app on another Mac, you have to either buy one more license at a discount or reset your existing CleanMyMac activation.
Resetting CleanMyMac X activation
If you have a MacPaw account, moving to another device is easy: you just open CleanMyMac on your new computer, unlock it with the MacPaw account credentials, choose an activation you’d like to disable and finish the transition.
Cancel CleanMyMac X activation manually
If you have access to the activated version of CleanMyMac X, do these:
- Open your unlocked version of CleanMyMac X.
- Go to CleanMyMac X → Activation Info (at the top of the screen).
- Click Deactivate License.
Use the License Management system
If you can’t reach your CleanMyMac to cancel the activation, please use our License Management system:
- Open the License Management system.
- Enter an email that you used to purchase the license and click Search.
- If the email address is found, click Send Link.
- Now check your inbox for an email from MacPaw.com. Click Access License Manager.
- You’ll see a list of your licenses and subscriptions. Find the appropriate license and click the Reset button of the appropriate license.
Done! Your license is deactivated, and you can apply it on another Mac.
Getting another CleanMyMac at a discount
If you have more than one Mac, transferring a license may be an inconvenience. That’s why we offer our loyal users a 30% discount on additional licenses. You can claim it if you’ve already bought any MacPaw product at our store. Find out how to get your discount here.
Note that you can use the discount to buy two, five, or even more additional licenses. Take a chance to care about your friends and a family, — share CleanMyMac.