Go on with this article only if you got your CleanMyMac X from the MacPaw Store.
To find out more about different versions of CleanMyMac X and places of their distribution, read this article.
Both a regular CleanMyMac license and a yearly subscription can be used on one computer only (unless you have a multi-user license). So if you want to run it on another Mac, you have to either buy one more license at a discount or reset your existing CleanMyMac license.
Resetting CleanMyMac X license
If you have access to the activated version of CleanMyMac X, do these:
- Open your unlocked version of CleanMyMac X.
- Go to CleanMyMac X → Activation Info (at the top of the screen).
- Click the Deactivate License button in the Activation Info dialog.
- To confirm your decision, click Disable License.
If you can’t reach your CleanMyMac to cancel the activation, please use our License Management system:
- Open the License Management system.
- Enter an email that you used to purchase the license and click Search.
- If the email address is found, click Send Link.
- Now check your inbox for an email from MacPaw.com. Click Access License Manager.
- You’ll see a list of your licenses and subscriptions. Find the appropriate license and click the Reset button of the appropriate license.
Done! Your license is deactivated, and you can apply it on another Mac.
Getting another CleanMyMac at a discount
If you have more than one Mac, transferring a license may be an inconvenience. That’s why we offer our loyal users a 30% discount on additional licenses. You can claim it if you’ve already bought any MacPaw product at our store.
That’s how you can get your discount:
- Visit our store.
- Scroll down to the Special Offers section and click on the “Get a 30% Discount” link.
- Enter the email address you used to purchase your previous CleanMyMac license and click Verify.
If you specified a correct email, you'll see that all prices are cut down.
Note that you can use the discount to buy two, five, or even more additional licenses. Take a chance to care of your friends and family, — share CleanMyMac.