If you already purchased CleanMyMac 3, CleanMyMac 2, or CleanMyMac Classic, you can upgrade them to the X version with a 50% discount:
- Buy a new one-time CleanMyMac X at 50% of its price.
- Start a CleanMyMac X subscription at a 50% discount on the first year.
Alternatively, you may subscribe to Setapp and gain access to CleanMyMac X and over
200 other useful apps. There is no discount on subscribing to Setapp, but the value of getting so many apps with a
single subscription is overwhelming.
If you already have the X version of CleanMyMac, switching from a one-time plan to a subscription or vice versa is not an upgrade but a plan change, for which we offer a 30% loyalty discount.
Not sure which option to choose? Read about the differences between a one-time purchase, a subscription, and a Setapp subscription.
Get CleanMyMac X with the upgrade discount
To upgrade from an earlier version of CleanMyMac to CleanMyMac X, follow these steps:
- Open the CleanMyMac upgrade page.
- Choose your future plan. Click Subscription or One-Time to display the available
plans; click Upgrade next to a selected plan to start upgrading.
- Enter the email address you used to purchase your current CleanMyMac version, then click Verify Upgrade. Once your email is verified, click Proceed to Checkout.
- Follow the prompts on the screen to provide your payment details and complete the purchase.
As soon as your payment is processed, you’ll receive an email with the information about your new license or subscription.
If the system didn’t find your email in our database, try using the online License Manager to retrieve your license or subscription. If that didn’t help or you have any questions, please contact our Support Team.
Why upgrade to CleanMyMac X?
CleanMyMac X is the most advanced product in the family. CleanMyMac X is faster, has modern design and a lot more features than any of its earlier versions. These are just some new functionalities in CleanMyMac X:
- The all-new CleanMyMac X Menu provides utilities to monitor your entire system — CPU, memory, hard drive, battery, network, malware protection, connected devices, and even more.
- Smart Scan not only finds junk but also detects vulnerabilities and improves the efficiency of your Mac.
- Malware Removal finds and neutralizes possible threats.
- Optimization manages login items, hung and resource-consuming apps, and many other resources.
- Updater monitors and delivers recent updates for your apps.
- Space Lens builds a visual map of your folders and files for a quick cleanup.
- Large and Old Files highlights the greatest space consumers on your hard drive.
- Assistant guides you through all maintenance and cleanup processes, helping you make the best use of CleanMyMac X.
To read about all new features, see What's New.
Finally, CleanMyMac X is safer and more reliable. We still support CleanMyMac 3 and Classic on older Mac operating systems, but we can't guarantee the apps perform perfectly all the time. If your Mac is powerful enough to work on the recent macOS editions, we recommend that you update your system to the last version and then upgrade your previous CleanMyMac edition to CleanMyMac X — for better stability, safety, and working speed.
Are CleanMyMac 3 and CleanMyMac Classic still available?
Yes, you can download them on the page with early editions of MacPaw products. However, MacPaw is no longer selling, updating, and developing the older versions of CleanMyMac. You can still use the apps if you purchased a license before, but there will be no updates for the applications. Read more in the support articles about CleanMyMac 3 and CleanMyMac Classic.
If possible, we still recommend upgrading to CleanMyMac X — especially if your Mac works on the last operating systems from Apple.