Keeping your computer clean and tidy is important for two reasons: your PC’s health and your own. A bunch of programs could make your computer sluggish, and a cluttered desktop will do the same to your mind. That’s why you have to uninstall apps you no longer use or need.
However, removing the programs is not always easy; sometimes the apps leave the unwanted traces behind, sometimes they refuse to uninstall, and sometimes they are almost impossible to delete.
Come with us and you’ll know how to uninstall Windows 10 apps easily and quickly.
How to Uninstall Apps Manually
If you are new to Windows 10, you may not know how to uninstall programs or apps. In older versions of Windows, uninstalling a program was not an easy task. You had to go through the Programs and Features menu in the Control Panel. But in Windows 10, uninstall programs (either a desktop program or an app) is much simpler.
Below are three different ways to uninstall software in Windows 10.
How to Uninstall Programs on Windows 10 from the Start Menu
You can uninstall both apps and traditional desktop programs directly from the Start menu.
To do this, you need to do the following:
1. Go to Start>All apps and find the application or program you want to remove.
2. Right-click on it and choose Uninstall from the drop-down menu.
3. If you are uninstalling an application, you’ll see a pop-up window telling that this app and its related information will be uninstalled. You need to click Uninstall to complete the process.
4. If you are uninstalling a desktop program, you’ll see the Programs and Features window. Find the program you want to uninstall, select it and click Uninstall. Then a pop-up window will appear asking you if you are sure to uninstall the program. Click Yes and the program will be uninstalled.
How to Remove Windows 10 Apps from the Settings Menu
If you cannot find an app or program you want to uninstall in the Start menu, don’t worry. There is a second option to remove them — via the Settings Menu.
Here’s what you need to do:
1. Go to Start>Settings.
2. Choose System and then click Apps and features. You’ll see a full list of applications and programs on your computer, sorted by size. You can search for apps with the help of a search box at the top of the screen.
3. Find the app you want to uninstall, select it and click Uninstall. A pop-up window will appear informing you that the app will be uninstalled (no matter whether it’s an app or a desktop program).
4. Click Uninstall to complete the process.
How to Uninstall Apps on Windows 10 from the Control Panel
From the Control Panel, you can only uninstall the desktop programs, not apps. Do the following:
1. Right-click the Start button and click Control Panel.
2. Go to Programs and Features (or go to Uninstall a Program if your Control Panel is in the category view).
3. Find the program you want to uninstall and click Uninstall.
4. Click Yes in the pop-up window asking if you are sure to uninstall a program from your computer.
How to Remove the Built-In Apps in Windows 10
Windows 10 prevents you from uninstalling some of its built-in applications. If you right-click Mail, Photos, Groove and many other apps, you won’t see the Uninstall option. But you don’t have to be a genius to remove unwanted apps from your computer. You just need to know the trick.
You can easily uninstall these apps with the help of a Windows uninstaller tool like CleanMyPC. Just choose the applications you want to uninstall and the program will do the job for you. Sounds great, doesn’t it?
How to Uninstall Apps in a Click
Three methods of uninstalling the apps and programs mentioned above take a lot of time, patience and work. Moreover, they don’t usually remove the entire program and leave behind useless cache files. We offer you a safe way to uninstall Windows 10 apps — using the powerful cleaning software CleanMyPC. It uninstalls programs the right way, wiping every trace of an app, even the leftovers that are usually overlooked. If you want something gone from your computer, you can make it gone forever with CleanMyPC.
How CleanMyPC uninstalls programs in Windows 10
CleanMyPC has the Multi Uninstaller module which makes removing the useless apps fast and easy. Simply select the program you want to delete and click the Remove button to clear the clutter and save yourself extra space.
Here’s how to get started with CleanMyPC:
2. Activate the app and go to the Multi Uninstaller module.
3. Uninstall Windows 10 apps in a click.
As simple as that! If you can’t uninstall program manually, you can always turn to a smart uninstaller at once. It will save you tons of time and energy. In addition, CleanMyPC will take care of your computer with its full set of tools for a cleaner and safer PC. Here’s what you can do with this utility:
Clean up system junk
Cut down on extensions
Protect your online privacy
Erase your files securely
Safely uninstall app in Windows 10
If you want an all-in-one solution to keep your computer fresh and healthy, CleanMyPC is exactly what you need. Best uninstaller software is right here to help you whenever you need!
How to Uninstall Updates on Windows 10
Windows 10 automatically installs updates in the background. Most of the time it’s good, but sometimes you’ll receive an update that breaks things. And you’ll need to uninstall that update.
You have to follow these steps:
1. Open settings.
2. Click on Update and Security.
3. Click on Windows Update.
4. Click the Update history link to view the updates.
5. Choose the updates that failed to install and click Uninstall updates link.
6. You’ll be taken to the Uninstall update page. Choose the update you want to remove and click Uninstall.
7. Click Yes to confirm the action.
8. Then click Restart now to reboot your computer and finish the task.
That’s it! Note that depending on the update, the process may take a few minutes.
Now remove the apps you don’t need and come to thank us for helping you uninstall multiple programs easily and safely! Now you have enough space for newer and more useful apps and programs.